Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Weekend in Tennessee

This past weekend was Preston's first road trip and we went to Tennessee to see Corey's cousin Josh and his wife Laken for their little girl Kynslee's 2nd birthday party.  I was a little worried about how Preston would do for that long in a car seat and then not being at home in his own bed but he did great. We got to see a bunch of family and had a really good time visiting and see our nieces and nephews! We are so blessed to be able to call these kids our nieces and nephews because Corey and I will never have a real niece or nephew by blood because he was an only child and my brother is handicap.  Corey has always been really close to his first cousins Josh and Lindsey and I am grateful that they allow us to call them our nieces and nephews and that Preston can call them aunt and uncle.
Preston loved playing with all the kids and he had such a good time he slept until 11:20 Monday morning because I think he was so worn out! Here are some pictures of our trip!

On our way to TN.


Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of just the birthday girl she was sick and was not feeling well, poor baby girl :(.  She had the cutest birthday party it was Candyland and was decorated so cute and they had a big jumper for all the kids to play on.

Jaxson (Lindsey's little boy) and Preston. 

Corey's Aunt Kathy, Madison (Lindsey's little girl), me, Corey, & Preston. He was not happy, he was getting hot in the gym.
 
 Preston sitting in his bumbo watching all the kids play.

Madison & Preston.
 
All the kids at the birthday party. Kylie (Josh and Laken's oldest daughter ) is holding Preston and next to them is Laken and Kynslee (the birthday girl)

Daddy and Preston in the big jumper  he loved it!

Aunt Lindsey holding Preston and the boys were giving kisses before they had to leave.

Family pic of all the family that was at the party.


After the party we went down to the park and swung and let the kids play and Preston feel asleep swinging.  Yes I know my baby has some chunky little legs but I love it!!

On the way home Preston slept the first 3 hours but woke up and was ready to play but had to stay in his car seat so I rigged up my nook so he could watch Mickey Mouse his favorite show, and he was fine the rest of the way home.

I want to thank Josh and Laken for having us at their house and being apart of the kids lives we had a great time!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment