Friday, July 1, 2011

The Fall From the Attic

So this past weekend we started putting in our central heat and air in our house.  Our sweet friends The Goodwin's came to help!!  So we worked all day Saturday on it and then on Sunday afternoon we got back up in the attic to work.  Corey, Tarina, and myself were up in the attic doing duct work while Chris was down in the house making sure everyhting was OK on that end of things.  We were doing so good, we only had two ducts to run and I was moving our boards around to get to the other side of the unit and BAM i lost my footing and fell through the ceiling in our living room from the attic. Tarina was screaming, Chris was running , and Corey was being spiderman trying to get out of the attic.  It was very scary and i cried at first and then after apologizing to Corey for breaking the sheet rock I laughed historically!  I know I am very lucky to have not broke any bones or worse, I just got some bruises and scratches.  I am also very lucky to have such a great husband and friends! Here are some pictures of the incident.....

This is where i fell through in the living room


My arm instantly bruised up


Me with my arms wrapped up the keep the swelling down.


I know I am very lucky and am just glad that now our central heat and air is done and I wont be getting back in the attic for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment